Greenall Whitley: Acquisition Trail
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Greenall Whitley & Co. Ltd: Acquisition Trail
- 1949: Chester Northgate Brewery Co. Ltd: brewing ceased here in 1969.
- 1951: Shrewsbury & Wem Brewery Co. Ltd: brewing ceased here in February 1988.
- 1959: Magee, Marshall & Co. Ltd of Bolton: brewing ceased here in September 1970.
- 1961: Groves & Whitnall Ltd of Salford: brewing ceased here in March 1972.
- 1966: Wrekin Brewery Co. Ltd of Wellington, Shropshire: brewing ceased here in September 1969.
- 1978: Shipstone & Sons Ltd of Nottingham.
- July 1985: J. P. Simpkiss of Brierley Hill and immediately closed the brewery.
- 1986: Davenport's Brewery Ltd of Birmingham: brewing ceased here in 1989.
In 1990, it closed its remaining breweries at Warrington and Nottingham to become a pub chain, which was later itself bought.
As a Pub Co, it acquired the pub estate of Devenish & Co. Ltd in 1993.