Gray & Sons Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Revision as of 09:23, 1 May 2020 by SteveP (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Grays sign aa.jpg
Gray letterhead chelmsfords.jpg
Gray Chelmsford.jpg
Grays Chelmsford label zx.jpg

Gray & Sons (Brewers) Ltd, Springfield Road, Chelmsford, Essex.

Founded 1828 by Charles Stanton Gray. Registered 1957. Name changed to Gray & Sons (Chelmsford) Ltd. 1973.

Chelmsford brewery closed September 1974 and their 49 public houses now operate as free houses.

Brewery buildings remain, converted to commercial and retail use.

Gray & Sons Ltd, Maldon Brewery, Gate Street, Maldon, Essex.

The Maldon brewery was acquired in about 1896 and brewing ceased there in 1952. Site for auction 1954.

The brewery in 1980:

The brewery in 1985:

An assortment of images of the brewery

Labels etc