Difference between revisions of "Gray & Sons Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 1: Line 1:
 +
[[File:Gray Chelmsford.jpg|thumb|400px]]
 
<big>'''Gray & Sons (Brewers) Ltd, '''''Springfield Road, Chelmsford, Essex.''</big>
 
<big>'''Gray & Sons (Brewers) Ltd, '''''Springfield Road, Chelmsford, Essex.''</big>
  
Line 16: Line 17:
 
<gallery>
 
<gallery>
 
Grays sign aa.jpg  
 
Grays sign aa.jpg  
 
 
Grays Chelmsford.jpg   
 
Grays Chelmsford.jpg   
 
Grays Chelmsford 3.jpg  
 
Grays Chelmsford 3.jpg  

Revision as of 21:41, 13 October 2016

Gray Chelmsford.jpg

Gray & Sons (Brewers) Ltd, Springfield Road, Chelmsford, Essex.

Founded 1828 by Charles Stanton Gray. Maldon brewery acquired c.1896 and ceased brewing 1952. Registered 1957. Name changed to Gray & Sons (Chelmsford) Ltd. 1973.

Chelmsford brewery closed September 1974 and their 49 public houses are now supplied by Greene King & Sons Ltd.

Brewery buildings remain.


Gray & Sons Ltd, Maldon Brewery, Gate Street, Maldon, Essex.

Site for auction 1954.


An assortment of images of the brewery