Difference between revisions of "Gray & Sons Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 6: Line 6:
 
Founded 1828 by Charles Stanton Gray. Maldon brewery acquired c.1896 and ceased brewing 1952. Registered 1957. Name changed to Gray & Sons (Chelmsford) Ltd. 1973.  
 
Founded 1828 by Charles Stanton Gray. Maldon brewery acquired c.1896 and ceased brewing 1952. Registered 1957. Name changed to Gray & Sons (Chelmsford) Ltd. 1973.  
  
Chelmsford brewery closed September 1974 and their 49 public houses are now supplied by [[Greene King & Sons Ltd]].
+
Chelmsford brewery closed September 1974 and their 49 public houses now operate as free houses.
  
 
Brewery buildings remain.
 
Brewery buildings remain.
Line 15: Line 15:
 
Site for auction 1954.
 
Site for auction 1954.
  
[[List of Gray & Sons (Brewers) Ltd pubs]]
+
 
 +
* '''[[List of Gray & Sons (Brewers) Ltd pubs]]'''
 +
 
 +
 
 +
'''The brewery in 1980:'''
 +
 
 +
<gallery>
 +
Gray Chelmsford 1980 -14.jpg
 +
Gray Chelmsford 1980 -13.jpg
 +
Gray Chelmsford 1980 -12.jpg
 +
Gray Chelmsford 1980 -10.jpg
 +
Gray Chelmsford 1980 -7.jpg
 +
Gray Chelmsford 1980 -6.jpg
 +
Gray Chelmsford 1980 -4.jpg
 +
Gray Chelmsford 1980 -2.jpg
 +
</gallery>
 +
 
  
 
'''An assortment of images of the brewery'''
 
'''An assortment of images of the brewery'''
 +
 
<gallery>
 
<gallery>
 
Grays sign aa.jpg  
 
Grays sign aa.jpg  
Line 23: Line 40:
 
Grays Chelmsford 3.jpg  
 
Grays Chelmsford 3.jpg  
 
Grays Chelmsford 2.jpg  
 
Grays Chelmsford 2.jpg  
Gray Chelmsford 1980 -14.jpg |The brewery in 1980
 
Gray Chelmsford 1980 -13.jpg |The brewery in 1980
 
Gray Chelmsford 1980 -12.jpg |The brewery in 1980
 
Gray Chelmsford 1980 -10.jpg |The brewery in 1980
 
Gray Chelmsford 1980 -7.jpg |The brewery in 1980
 
Gray Chelmsford 1980 -6.jpg |The brewery in 1980
 
Gray Chelmsford 1980 -4.jpg |The brewery in 1980
 
Gray Chelmsford 1980 -2.jpg |The brewery in 1980
 
 
Gray Chelmsford 1982.jpg |The brewery in 1982
 
Gray Chelmsford 1982.jpg |The brewery in 1982
 
Grays offices 1990.jpg |The brewery in 1990
 
Grays offices 1990.jpg |The brewery in 1990
 
</gallery>
 
</gallery>
 +
 +
 
[[Category:Essex]]
 
[[Category:Essex]]

Revision as of 19:17, 24 April 2019

Grays Chelmsford label zx.jpg
Gray letterhead chelmsfords.jpg
Gray Chelmsford.jpg

Gray & Sons (Brewers) Ltd, Springfield Road, Chelmsford, Essex.

Founded 1828 by Charles Stanton Gray. Maldon brewery acquired c.1896 and ceased brewing 1952. Registered 1957. Name changed to Gray & Sons (Chelmsford) Ltd. 1973.

Chelmsford brewery closed September 1974 and their 49 public houses now operate as free houses.

Brewery buildings remain.


Gray & Sons Ltd, Maldon Brewery, Gate Street, Maldon, Essex.

Site for auction 1954.



The brewery in 1980:


An assortment of images of the brewery