Difference between revisions of "Gray & Sons Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 32: Line 32:
 
Grays offices 1990.jpg |The brewery in 1990
 
Grays offices 1990.jpg |The brewery in 1990
 
</gallery>
 
</gallery>
 +
[[Category:Essex]]

Revision as of 18:09, 6 August 2018

Gray letterhead chelmsfords.jpg
Gray Chelmsford.jpg

Gray & Sons (Brewers) Ltd, Springfield Road, Chelmsford, Essex.

Founded 1828 by Charles Stanton Gray. Maldon brewery acquired c.1896 and ceased brewing 1952. Registered 1957. Name changed to Gray & Sons (Chelmsford) Ltd. 1973.

Chelmsford brewery closed September 1974 and their 49 public houses are now supplied by Greene King & Sons Ltd.

Brewery buildings remain.


Gray & Sons Ltd, Maldon Brewery, Gate Street, Maldon, Essex.

Site for auction 1954.


An assortment of images of the brewery