Difference between revisions of "Gibbs Mew & Co. Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
 
Line 16: Line 16:
 
Some buildings remain, but most of the brewery site has been redeveloped.
 
Some buildings remain, but most of the brewery site has been redeveloped.
  
 +
'''[[List of Gibbs Mew & Co Ltd pubs]]'''
  
 
'''Views of the brewery:'''
 
'''Views of the brewery:'''

Latest revision as of 16:20, 13 February 2020

Gibbs Mew Salisbury label zm.jpg
Gibbs Mew Salisbury 1955.jpg
Gibbs Salisbury 1975.jpg
Gibbs Mew.jpg
Gibbs Mew (2).jpg
A Salisbury pub
Gibbs Blue Keg.jpg

Gibbs, Mew & Co. Ltd,, Anchor Brewery, Gigant Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire

Founded at the Swan, Haslemere, Surrey c.1750. George Bridger Gibbs became a partner in Fawcett's Brewery 1838 and moved to the Anchor Brewery, Salisbury in 1858.

Registered in May 1898 to acquire Bridger Gibbs & Son and Herbert Mew's brewery.

Closed in 1997. 310 tied houses were sold to Enterprise Inns.

Some buildings remain, but most of the brewery site has been redeveloped.

List of Gibbs Mew & Co Ltd pubs

Views of the brewery:

Remains of the brewery in 2000:


Within the brewery:

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No  : 64,579

Description  : Barley & crossed hop pockets, words "Purity & strength"
Date of Application  : 4/5/1887

Used Prior to 1870?  : NO