George Gibbons (Weyhill Brewery)

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ordnance Survey extract from 1909. Reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland (http://maps.nls.uk/index.html)
Courtesy Mike Tighe

George Gibbons, Weyhill Brewery, Sarson Lane, Weyhill, Hampshire.

Listed as Charles Child in 1859, Child & Parsons in 1878 and George Gibbons 1878-1888. Acquired by Strong & Co Ltd of Romsey Ltd in 1888 with 27 public houses.

Ceased brewing 1928. Later a school which was then demolished for housing.


An assortment of views of the brewery. Courtesy Mike Tighe


Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No : 27,504
Description : An oak tree, lion & a lamb
Date of Application : 25/1/1882
Used Prior to 1875? : NO