George Gibbons

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Courtesy Mike Tighe

George Gibbons, Sarson Lane, Weyhill, Hampshire.

Listed as Charles Child in 1859, Child & Parsons in 1878 and as above 1885.

Acquired by Strong & Co Ltd of Romsey Ltd. 1888 with 27 public houses.

Ceased brewing 1928.

Later a school which was then demolished for housing.

List of George Gibbons pubs

An assortment of views of the brewery. Courtesy Mike Tighe


Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No  : 27,504

Description  : An oak tree, lion & a lamb
Date of Application  : 25/1/1882

Used Prior to 1870?  : NO