Fremlins Ltd, Pale Ale Brewery, Earl Street, Maidstone, Kent.
Founded c.1790. Acquired by Ralph Fremlin from the executors of John Heathorn in 1861. Registered as Fremlin Brothers Ltd, a private company, in 1920 and as above in 1928.
Acquired by Whitbread & Co. Ltd in 1967 with 714 public houses. The Maidstone brewery was closed in October 1972 but brewing continued at the former Rigden & Co Ltd brewery in Faversham, which Fremlins had acquired in 1948.
After closure, used as a depot until 2003 when redeveloped as the Fremlins Centre.
An assortment of views of the brewery
From the collection of Rod Jones
From the collection of Roy Denison