Difference between revisions of "Fremlins Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(2 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 8: Line 8:
 
[[File:Fremlins 1966.jpg|thumb|From 1966]]
 
[[File:Fremlins 1966.jpg|thumb|From 1966]]
 
[[File:FremlinAd7.JPG|thumb]]
 
[[File:FremlinAd7.JPG|thumb]]
 
+
<big>'''Fremlins Ltd,'''''Pale Ale Brewery, Earl Street, Maidstone, Kent.''</big>
<big>'''Fremlins Ltd''', ''Pale Ale Brewery, Earl Street, Maidstone, Kent.''</big>
 
  
 
Founded c.1790.  
 
Founded c.1790.  
Line 29: Line 28:
 
File:London Transport bus RT 2.jpg|Courtesy Roy Denison
 
File:London Transport bus RT 2.jpg|Courtesy Roy Denison
 
File:Earl Street Maidstone.jpg|The view up Earl Street c.1950
 
File:Earl Street Maidstone.jpg|The view up Earl Street c.1950
 +
File:Fremlins dray in front of brewery.jpg
 
File:FREML007.JPG
 
File:FREML007.JPG
 
File:FREML009.JPG
 
File:FREML009.JPG
Line 44: Line 44:
 
File:FREML004.JPG
 
File:FREML004.JPG
 
File:FREML005.JPG
 
File:FREML005.JPG
 +
File:Fremlins Earl St frontage.JPG|The Earl Street frontage
 +
File:Fremlins Nat Saving Scheme advert.jpg|Fremlins participation in a war time savings scheme
 +
File:Fremlins Maidstone 1970s zmx (2).JPG|From circa 1970
 +
File:Fremlins Maidstone 1970s zmx (1).JPG|From circa 1970
 
</gallery>
 
</gallery>
  
Line 101: Line 105:
 
File:Fremlins Maidstone RD zx (8).jpg  
 
File:Fremlins Maidstone RD zx (8).jpg  
 
File:Fremlins Maidstone RD zx (9).jpg  
 
File:Fremlins Maidstone RD zx (9).jpg  
 +
File:Fremlins beer mat RD zmx (1).jpg
 +
File:Fremlins beer mat RD zmx (2).jpg
 +
File:Fremlins beer mat RD zmx (3).jpg
 
</gallery>
 
</gallery>
  

Latest revision as of 11:16, 7 August 2020

Fremlins 1947.jpg
Trade Mark Entry (23).jpg
P1100271.JPG
P1100569.JPG
Messrs. Fremlin Bros’, New Brewery, Maidstone. Brewers’ Journal 15th October 1883
Fremlins Maidstone xx.jpg
The company's Guildford depot
From 1966
FremlinAd7.JPG

Fremlins Ltd,Pale Ale Brewery, Earl Street, Maidstone, Kent.

Founded c.1790.

Acquired by Ralph Fremlin from the executors of John Heathorn in 1861.

Registered as Fremlin Brothers Ltd, a private company, in 1920 and as above in 1928.

Acquired by Whitbread & Co. Ltd. 1967 with 714 public houses.

Brewery closed October 1972 but used as a depot until 2003 when redeveloped as the Fremlins Centre.


An assortment of views of the brewery


From the collection of Rod Jones

From the collection of Roy Denison

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No : 8,192
Description : Elephant
Date of Application : 19/7/1876
Used Prior to 1870? : 8 years


Registration No : 556,718
Description : Milk Stout Label
Date of Application : 28/12/1934
Used Prior to 1870? : NO


Registration No : 559,803
Description : Words "FREMLINS"
Date of Application : 29/04/1935
Used Prior to 1870? : NO