Difference between revisions of "Fremlins Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 61: Line 61:
'''From the collection of Roy Denison'''
'''From the collection of Roy Denison'''
File:Fremlins menu holder.JPG
File:Fremlins RD zx.JPG
File:Fremlins brewery Maidstone 1.jpg
File:Fremlins brewery Maidstone 1.jpg
File:Fremlin Milk Stout.jpg
File:Fremlin Milk Stout.jpg

Revision as of 12:49, 19 May 2020

Fremlins 1947.jpg
Trade Mark Entry (23).jpg
Messrs. Fremlin Bros’, New Brewery, Maidstone. Brewers’ Journal 15th October 1883
Fremlins Maidstone xx.jpg
The company's Guildford depot
From 1966

Fremlins Ltd, Pale Ale Brewery, Earl Street, Maidstone, Kent.

Founded c.1790.

Acquired by Ralph Fremlin from the executors of John Heathorn in 1861.

Registered as Fremlin Brothers Ltd, a private company, in 1920 and as above in 1928.

Acquired by Whitbread & Co. Ltd. 1967 with 714 public houses.

Brewery closed October 1972 but used as a depot until 2003 when redeveloped as the Fremlins Centre.

An assortment of views of the brewery

From the collection of Rod Jones

From the collection of Roy Denison

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No : 8,192
Description : Elephant
Date of Application : 19/7/1876
Used Prior to 1875? : 8 years

Registration No : 556,718
Description : Milk Stout Label
Date of Application : 28/12/1934
Used Prior to 1875? : NO

Registration No : 559,803
Description : Words "FREMLINS"
Date of Application : 29/04/1935
Used Prior to 1875? : NO