Difference between revisions of "Fremlins Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 7: Line 7:
 
[[image:Fremlin drays Guildford.jpg|thumb|The company's Guildford depot]]
 
[[image:Fremlin drays Guildford.jpg|thumb|The company's Guildford depot]]
 
[[File:Fremlins 1966.jpg|thumb|From 1966]]
 
[[File:Fremlins 1966.jpg|thumb|From 1966]]
[[File:FremlinAd7.jpg|thumb]]
+
[[File:FremlinAd7.JPG|thumb]]
  
 
<big>'''Fremlins Ltd''', ''Pale Ale Brewery, Earl Street, Maidstone, Kent.''</big>
 
<big>'''Fremlins Ltd''', ''Pale Ale Brewery, Earl Street, Maidstone, Kent.''</big>

Revision as of 12:39, 20 January 2020

Fremlins 1947.jpg
Trade Mark Entry (23).jpg
P1100271.JPG
P1100569.JPG
Messrs. Fremlin Bros’, New Brewery, Maidstone. Brewers’ Journal 15th October 1883
Fremlins Maidstone xx.jpg
The company's Guildford depot
From 1966
FremlinAd7.JPG

Fremlins Ltd, Pale Ale Brewery, Earl Street, Maidstone, Kent.

Founded c.1790.

Acquired by Ralph Fremlin from the executors of John Heathorn in 1861.

Registered as Fremlin Brothers Ltd, a private company, in 1920 and as above in 1928.

Acquired by Whitbread & Co. Ltd. 1967 with 714 public houses.

Brewery closed October 1972 but used as a depot until 2003 when redeveloped as the Fremlins Centre.


An assortment of views of the brewery


From the collection of Rod Jones


Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No : 8,192
Description : Elephant
Date of Application : 19/7/1876
Used Prior to 1875? : 8 years


Registration No : 556,718
Description : Milk Stout Label
Date of Application : 28/12/1934
Used Prior to 1875? : NO


Registration No : 559,803
Description : Words "FREMLINS"
Date of Application : 29/04/1935
Used Prior to 1875? : NO