Flowers Breweries Ltd
Flower's Breweries Ltd (formerly J W Green Ltd), Phoenix Brewery, Park Street West, Luton, Bedfordshire
Founded by Henry and Frederick Pearman in 1857 and sold to John William Green in 1869.
Registered in September 1897 as J W Green Ltd.
They acquired Mowbray & Co. Ltd of Grantham in March 1952 with 200 tied houses.
The name was changed to Flower's Breweries Ltd in 1954 when Flower & Sons Ltd of Stratford-on-Avon were acquired.
Acquired by Whitbread & Co. Ltd in 1961.
The Phoenix Brewery was closed 1969 when Whitbread's giant new brewery in Oakley Road Whitbread Luton, was opened (this in turn being closed in 1984). Most of the Park Street brewery was demolished in 1977. However, a test plant may still having been brewing at Park Street in the 1990s.
An assortment of views of the brewery.
An assortment of labels from the company