Difference between revisions of "Findlay's Brewery Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
 
Line 1: Line 1:
[[File:LeedsFindlaysBry_OS1890.jpg|thumb]]
+
[[File:LeedsFindlaysBry_OS1890.jpg|thumb|Ordnance Survey extract from 1889-1890. Reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland (http://maps.nls.uk/index.html)]]
  
 
<big>'''Findlay's Brewery Ltd''', ''24 Nippet Lane, Burmantofts, Leeds, West Yorkshire.''</big>
 
<big>'''Findlay's Brewery Ltd''', ''24 Nippet Lane, Burmantofts, Leeds, West Yorkshire.''</big>

Latest revision as of 11:06, 22 May 2020

Ordnance Survey extract from 1889-1890. Reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland (http://maps.nls.uk/index.html)

Findlay's Brewery Ltd, 24 Nippet Lane, Burmantofts, Leeds, West Yorkshire.

George H Findlay, St Stephens Road (1894). Registered July 1895 as the Burmantofts Brewery Ltd to acquire the business of George Henry Findlay. Name changed as above 31st August 1897. Receiver appointed 19th March 1912 and was dissolved 30th January 1922.

Old Brewery 5/7 Cross for sale July 1914 with former Garricks Head and former Druids Head and Potters Arms by Leeds & Batley.

On 21st July 1914 sale of 4 storey building, part occupied by Findlays, with 2 coppers of total capacity 70 barrels, the pubs being sold by Leeds & Batley.