Eltham Brewery Co
Eltham Brewery Co, Eltham Brewery, High Street, Greenwich, Greater London.
Established prior to 1850 at the Beehive Brewery when run by Leare and Turner. J.Leare by 1859, Berners & Kemp 1870 and Berners & Co. by 1874. Old timber brewery replaced by Berners & Kemp on the tower principle by Arthur Kinder in 1872.
Traded variously as Grier & Shepherd 1878, J.C.F.Grier 1882 and then the Bavarian Brewery Co. Ltd.
The brewery failed and was closed by 1888, remaining shut until the Kenward Brothers reopened it in 1900. Still trading in 1919 but up for sale the next year.
Premises were in use as a paint and varnish works until mostly destroyed by enemy action during the Second World War.