Ellis, Warde & Co. Ltd
Ellis, Warde & Co. Ltd, 26 Church Street, Ormskirk, Lancashire
Founded by 1871 as Thomas Nixon. Registered October 1897 as Ellis, Warde, Webster & Co. Ltd.
They acquired Forshaw's Brewery Co. Ltd in 1901, and brewing was transferred to Forshaw's Bath Springs Brewery, Derby Street, Ormskirk in 1902.
Name changed as above September 1919.
Acquired by Walker Cain Ltd. 1929 with 102 public houses. Brewing ceased in September 1955.
An assortment of images of the brewery