Difference between revisions of "Edward Bowhay & Brothers"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
<big>'''Edward Bowhay & Brothers, '''''Queen's Head, Main Street, Albaston, Cornwall.''</big>
 
<big>'''Edward Bowhay & Brothers, '''''Queen's Head, Main Street, Albaston, Cornwall.''</big>
  
Founded by 1852. Mary Bowhay 1871-1877.  
+
Founded by 1852, with Mary Bowhay 1871-1877. Mary Bowhay 1871-1877.  
 
+
Arthur Lawry brewed here until acquired by Bowhay in 1905. Brewing continued until about 1930.  
+
  
 
In 1898 Bowhay Bros were listed under Calstock.
 
In 1898 Bowhay Bros were listed under Calstock.

Latest revision as of 12:41, 13 September 2019

Edward Bowhay & Brothers, Queen's Head, Main Street, Albaston, Cornwall.

Founded by 1852, with Mary Bowhay 1871-1877. Mary Bowhay 1871-1877.

In 1898 Bowhay Bros were listed under Calstock.

Brewing continued until about 1920.

Acquired by Plymouth Breweries Ltd.

The maltings are still standing.