Duncan Gilmour & Co. Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Letterhead 1951
GilmoursSign39.JPG
Bridge Inn, Sheffield
Duncan Gilmour Painting.jpg

Duncan Gilmour & Co. Ltd, Lady’s Bridge Brewery, 9 Bridge Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire.

Founded by Edward Nanson in 1791 and sold to William Henry Birks in 1858. Acquired in 1900 by hop bitters brewers Duncan Gilmour & Co Ltd, who had been registered in 1891. They transferred from the Furnival Brewery.

Acquired with 342 houses by Joshua Tetley & Son Ltd in 1954 and ceased brewing 1959.


List of Duncan Gilmour & Co. Ltd. Pubs

The brewery, 1960:

The brewery in 1960


Doorsteps:


Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No  : 322,496

Description  : Dreadnought (word)
Date of Application  : 11/04/1910
Used Prior to 1870?  : NO

Registration No  : 324,808
Description  : Label design for Milk Made Stout
Date of Application  : 25/06/1910
Used Prior to 1870?  : NO

Registration No  : 361,199
Description  : Label design
Date of Application  : 16/05/1914
Used Prior to 1870?  : NO

Registration No  : 386,428
Description  : Gilmour's Ale Label
Date of Application  : 29/11/1918

Used Prior to 1870?  : NO