Dale & Co Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Dales Cambridge 1956.jpg
DALES WI.jpg

Dale & Co. Ltd, Gwydir Street, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire.

Founded by Frederick Dale at the British Queen, Histon Road 1898 and the Gwydir Street brewery built 1902.

Acquired by Whitbread & Co. Ltd. 1954 and brewing ceased 1958.

Some of the brewery buildings are still standing as an antiques centre.

List of Dale & Co Ltd pubs

An assortment of images of the brewery

An assortment of views of the brewery in 2007. Courtesy of Steve Peck

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No  : 423,454

Description  : Words "CHAMPION GOLD CAP" & picture of a cup
Date of Application  : 16/03/1922
Used Prior to 1870?  : used from 10th March 1912


Registration No  : 426,377
Description  : Words "CHAMPION" for beer
Date of Application  : 22/05/1922

Used Prior to 1870?  : used from 10th March 1912