Difference between revisions of "Dabbs & Nicholson Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
<big>'''Dabbs & Nicholson Ltd, ''' '' Burton Brewery, Brewery Yard, Great Haywood, Staffordshire.''</big>
 
<big>'''Dabbs & Nicholson Ltd, ''' '' Burton Brewery, Brewery Yard, Great Haywood, Staffordshire.''</big>
  
Had various owners from at least 1835 until Allen & Sons sold off 14 houses and dismantled the brewery in 1891. Charles Pye then acquired it to refit with a small plant. Recorded until 1889 then Henry Payne between 1902 and 1914, followed by Capt. J Nicholson in 1923. B.Dabbs was a mineral water manufacturer and beer bottler at 107 High Street, Coleshill, Warwickshire. Registered 1923. The brewery believed to have been closed c.1924 as Charles Bunting Ltd of Uttoxeter was listed here in 1925. Dabbs & Nicholson continued owning off-licences in Tamworth and Coleshill as well as bottling.  
+
Had various owners from at least 1835 until Allen & Sons sold off 14 houses and dismantled the brewery in 1891.  
 +
 
 +
Charles Pye then acquired it to refit with a small plant.  
 +
 
 +
Recorded until 1898 then Henry Payne between 1902 and 1914, followed by Capt. J Nicholson in 1923.  
 +
 
 +
B.Dabbs was a mineral water manufacturer and beer bottler at 107 High Street, Coleshill, Warwickshire. Registered 1923. The brewery believed to have been closed c.1924 as Charles Bunting Ltd of Uttoxeter was listed here in 1925. Dabbs & Nicholson continued owning off-licences in Tamworth and Coleshill as well as bottling.  
  
 
Trading ceased at the end of the 1960s with the closure of the final off-licence at 124 Lichfield Street, Tamworth, but the concern continued to exist as a family investment company until going into liquidation in 1991. Site now Haywood House.
 
Trading ceased at the end of the 1960s with the closure of the final off-licence at 124 Lichfield Street, Tamworth, but the concern continued to exist as a family investment company until going into liquidation in 1991. Site now Haywood House.

Latest revision as of 14:13, 26 March 2020

Dabbs & Nicholson Ltd, Burton Brewery, Brewery Yard, Great Haywood, Staffordshire.

Had various owners from at least 1835 until Allen & Sons sold off 14 houses and dismantled the brewery in 1891.

Charles Pye then acquired it to refit with a small plant.

Recorded until 1898 then Henry Payne between 1902 and 1914, followed by Capt. J Nicholson in 1923.

B.Dabbs was a mineral water manufacturer and beer bottler at 107 High Street, Coleshill, Warwickshire. Registered 1923. The brewery believed to have been closed c.1924 as Charles Bunting Ltd of Uttoxeter was listed here in 1925. Dabbs & Nicholson continued owning off-licences in Tamworth and Coleshill as well as bottling.

Trading ceased at the end of the 1960s with the closure of the final off-licence at 124 Lichfield Street, Tamworth, but the concern continued to exist as a family investment company until going into liquidation in 1991. Site now Haywood House.

List of Allen & Sons pubs

Dabbs & Nicholson, 107 High Street, Coleshill, Warwickshire.