Difference between revisions of "Claude Atkin"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(One intermediate revision by one other user not shown)
Line 8: Line 8:
Acquired by [[Cheltenham & Hereford Breweries Ltd]].
Acquired by [[Cheltenham & Hereford Breweries Ltd]].
'''[[List of Claude S Atkin pubs]]'''

Latest revision as of 15:03, 21 September 2020

Claude S Atkin, King's Arms, 29 Nevill Street, Abergavenny, Gwent.

Brewing by 1864.

Acquired by Atkin in 1920 from the late Thomas Delafield's trustees. When it became necessary to rebuild the brewery, Atkin gave up the business to become the joint MD of Frederick Leney & Sons Ltd in Wateringbury and leased his 8 houses to Wintle's Brewery Ltd of Mitcheldean in 1924.

However, the King's Arms continued as a home brew house until c.1934.

Acquired by Cheltenham & Hereford Breweries Ltd.

List of Claude S Atkin pubs