Canterbury Brewery Co

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Revision as of 10:53, 26 September 2016 by Bhadmin (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Courtesy Rod Jones
Courtesy Rod Jones

Canterbury Brewery Co, Northgate Brewery, St George's Street, Canterbury, Kent.

Established c.1854.

Registered as Johnson & Co. Ltd May 1878 brewing mainly for export.

The name was changed as above in 1898 when acquired by Wilson & Towgood.

Acquired by Fremlins Ltd. 1923 with one tied house and two off-licences.

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No : 223,533
Description : Invicta holding coat of arms
Date of Application : 01/06/1899
Used Prior to 1875? : NO


Registration No : 2,249
Description : Heraldic shield & Invicta
Date of Application : 15/2/1876
Used Prior to 1875? : NO