Cameron & Co. Ltd
J W Cameron & Co. Ltd, Lion Brewery, Stockton Street, West Hartlepool, County Durham
Founded 1852 by William Waldon. Leased to John William Cameron 1872 with 16 public houses and he bought the brewery in 1893.
Registered as above November 1894 with 50 tied houses.
Acquired with 750 houses in 1974 by Ellerman Lines Ltd, which in turn was acquired by Barclay Brothers 1983 and finally sold to the Brent Walker Group in January 1989.
It was then bought by Wolverhampton & Dudley Breweries Ltd in 2000.
In 2002, W&D sold the brewery to Castle Eden Brewery Ltd but the Cameron’s name was retained. W&D kept most of the pub estate.
An assortment of views of the brewery.
The following images were taken on a BHS Visit in 1991.
The following images were taken on a BHS Visit in 2013.