Difference between revisions of "Cameron & Co. Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 1: Line 1:
 
[[Image:CAMERON2.JPG|thumb|Messrs. J.W. Cameron & Co. Ltd., New Maltings, West Hartlepool, Co. Durham.  Brewers’ Journal 15th April 1897]]
 
[[Image:CAMERON2.JPG|thumb|Messrs. J.W. Cameron & Co. Ltd., New Maltings, West Hartlepool, Co. Durham.  Brewers’ Journal 15th April 1897]]
 
 
[[Image:CAMERON.JPG|thumb|Messrs. J. W. Cameron & Co. Ltd., Pneumatic Maltings, West Hartlepool. Brewers’ Journal 15th February 1908]]
 
[[Image:CAMERON.JPG|thumb|Messrs. J. W. Cameron & Co. Ltd., Pneumatic Maltings, West Hartlepool. Brewers’ Journal 15th February 1908]]
 
 
[[Image:Camerons 22.jpg|thumb|The brewery at the turn of the 20th Century]]
 
[[Image:Camerons 22.jpg|thumb|The brewery at the turn of the 20th Century]]
 
 
[[Image:Camerons 20.jpg|thumb]]
 
[[Image:Camerons 20.jpg|thumb]]
 
 
[[Image:Camerons 21.jpg|thumb]]
 
[[Image:Camerons 21.jpg|thumb]]
 
 
[[File:Strongarm at Globe Hartlepool.jpg|thumb|Strongarm served the Hartlepool way at the Globe!]]
 
[[File:Strongarm at Globe Hartlepool.jpg|thumb|Strongarm served the Hartlepool way at the Globe!]]
 
 
 
<big>'''J W Cameron & Co. Ltd''', '' Lion Brewery, Stockton Street, West Hartlepool, County Durham''</big>
 
<big>'''J W Cameron & Co. Ltd''', '' Lion Brewery, Stockton Street, West Hartlepool, County Durham''</big>
  

Revision as of 11:12, 18 May 2018

Messrs. J.W. Cameron & Co. Ltd., New Maltings, West Hartlepool, Co. Durham. Brewers’ Journal 15th April 1897
Messrs. J. W. Cameron & Co. Ltd., Pneumatic Maltings, West Hartlepool. Brewers’ Journal 15th February 1908
The brewery at the turn of the 20th Century
Camerons 20.jpg
Camerons 21.jpg
Strongarm served the Hartlepool way at the Globe!

J W Cameron & Co. Ltd, Lion Brewery, Stockton Street, West Hartlepool, County Durham

Founded 1852 by William Waldon. Leased to John William Cameron 1872 with 16 public houses and he bought the brewery in 1893.

Registered as above November 1894 with 50 tied houses.

Acquired with 750 houses in 1974 by Ellerman Lines Ltd, which in turn was acquired by Barclay Brothers 1983 and finally sold to the Brent Walker Group in January 1989.

It was then bought by Wolverhampton & Dudley Breweries Ltd in 2000.

In 2002, W&D sold the brewery to Castle Eden Brewery Ltd but the Cameron’s name was retained. W&D kept most of the pub estate.



An assortment of views of the brewery.


The following images were taken on a BHS Visit in 1991.

The following images were taken on a BHS Visit in 2013.


Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No : 513,240
Description : Gold Finch cider label
Date of Application : 27/05/1930
Used Prior to 1875? : NO