C. Bate & Son Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Charles Bate & Son Ltd, Union Brewery, Foundry Road, off Tuttle Street/Union Road, Wrexham, Clwyd.

Founded c.1840.

Registered May 1905 to acquire breweries at Wrexham and Liverpool with 32 public houses.

Acquired by Peter Walker & Co. Ltd of Burton 1909.

Receiver appointed and trading ceased on 7th June 1910. Brewery and 27 tied houses offered for sale 23rd February 1927.

Dissolved 12th January 1932.


Charles Bate & Son, 11/13 Fairhurst Street, Liverpool, City Centre, Merseyside.

Ceased trading 1910 when probably a depot.