Difference between revisions of "Bullard & Sons Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(6 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 13: Line 13:
 
The Chimney was demolished in 1982 and the remaining buildings are now a residential development.
 
The Chimney was demolished in 1982 and the remaining buildings are now a residential development.
  
[[List of Bullard & Sons Ltd pubs]]
+
* '''[[List of Bullard & Sons Ltd pubs]]'''
  
  
Line 19: Line 19:
  
 
<gallery>
 
<gallery>
 +
File:Bullards Norwich counting house.jpg|The Counting House
 +
File:Bullards Norwich shop 2.jpg|The shop
 +
File:Bullards Norwich shop.jpg
 +
File:Bullards Norwich zmw.jpg
 +
File:Bullards Norwich zmy.jpg
 
File:bullards brewery after ww2 bombing raid.jpg|The brewery premises following a WWII air raid
 
File:bullards brewery after ww2 bombing raid.jpg|The brewery premises following a WWII air raid
 
File:bullards-chimney-demolition.jpg|The demolition of the brewery chimney
 
File:bullards-chimney-demolition.jpg|The demolition of the brewery chimney
Line 27: Line 32:
 
File:Bullard & Sons Norwich 28 February  1975.jpg|The brewery in 1975. Courtesy Roy Denison
 
File:Bullard & Sons Norwich 28 February  1975.jpg|The brewery in 1975. Courtesy Roy Denison
 
File:Bullard & Son Norwich  28.2.1975.jpg|The brewery in 1975. Courtesy Roy Denison
 
File:Bullard & Son Norwich  28.2.1975.jpg|The brewery in 1975. Courtesy Roy Denison
 +
File:Norwich 28 February 1975.JPG|The brewery in 1975. Courtesy Roy Denison
 +
File:Bullard Anchor Breswery Norwich 28 February 1975.JPG|The brewery in 1975. Courtesy Roy Denison
 +
File:Bullards public bar price list 1968.JPG|A price list from 1968. Courtesy Roy Denison
 
Bullards Norwich 1980 -1.jpg|The brewery in 1980
 
Bullards Norwich 1980 -1.jpg|The brewery in 1980
 
Bullard Norwich 1980 -5.jpg|The brewery in 1980  
 
Bullard Norwich 1980 -5.jpg|The brewery in 1980  
Line 42: Line 50:
 
File:Bullards Norwich zm (2).jpg
 
File:Bullards Norwich zm (2).jpg
 
File:Bullards Norwich zm (1).jpg
 
File:Bullards Norwich zm (1).jpg
 +
File:Bullards staff and motor dray.jpg|Staff and motor dray
 +
File:Bullards advert sign zx.jpg
 +
File:Bullards shop at brewery poss.jpg|A Bullards shop - at the brewery?
 +
File:Bullards Norwich RD zxc (1).jpg |Courtesy Roy Denison
 +
File:Bullards Norwich RD zxc (2).jpg |Courtesy Roy Denison
 +
File:Bullards Norwich RD zxc (3).jpg |Courtesy Roy Denison
 +
File:Bullards Norwich RD zxc (4).jpg |Courtesy Roy Denison
 +
File:Bullards Bitter.JPG |Courtesy Roy Denison
 +
File:Bullards Mild.JPG |Courtesy Roy Denison
 
</gallery>
 
</gallery>
 
  
 
{{Trade Mark |regno = 85|desc=Anchor and rock|date=03/01/1876|seventy=Thirty nine years before 01/01/1876}}
 
{{Trade Mark |regno = 85|desc=Anchor and rock|date=03/01/1876|seventy=Thirty nine years before 01/01/1876}}
 
[[Category:Norfolk]]
 
[[Category:Norfolk]]

Latest revision as of 17:44, 18 September 2020

P1100561.JPG
The brewery in the 1980s
BULLA001.JPG
BULLA005.JPG

Bullard & Sons Ltd, Anchor Brewery, St.Mile's Bridge, Norwich, Norfolk.

Bullard & Watts founded 1837. Watts left 1847. New brewery erected in 1867.

Registered March 1895.

Acquired by Watney Mann Ltd. 1963 with 530 public houses and brewing ceased in 1968.

The Chimney was demolished in 1982 and the remaining buildings are now a residential development.


An assortment of views of the brewery

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No : 85
Description : Anchor and rock
Date of Application : 03/01/1876
Used Prior to 1870? : Thirty nine years before 01/01/1876