Boddington's Breweries Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Revision as of 22:19, 20 May 2020 by Bhadmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
This magnificent landmark was demolished in 2010.
Ordnance Survey extract from 1931. Reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland (http://maps.nls.uk/index.html)
Boddington 2 (1).jpg
An advert from 1875
Boddingtons logo.jpg

Boddington’s Breweries Ltd, Strangeways Brewery, New Bridge Street, Strangeways, Manchester

Founded 1778 as Caister & Fray and was acquired by Henry Boddington in 1853.

They acquired Oldham Brewery Co. Ltd in 1982 with 87 tied houses; that brewery was closed in 1988.

They acquired Higson's Brewery Ltd of Liverpool in June 1985 with 160 tied houses; that brewery was sold in 1990.

Acquired by Whitbread & Co. Ltd. 1989 with 280 tied houses. Became part of Interbrew (Inbev) but was closed in 2005 and later demolished.


Images of the brewery


The brewery in 1992


Other images relating to the brewery


Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No  : 200,996

Description  : TM for whisky
Date of Application  : 07/01/1897

Used Prior to 1870?  : NO