Difference between revisions of "Bass, Ratcliff & Gretton Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 18: Line 18:
 
<gallery>
 
<gallery>
 
Bass Burton Museum.jpg
 
Bass Burton Museum.jpg
 +
Bass Bot 1960s (4).jpg |The brewery in the 1960s
 +
Bass Bot 1960s (3).jpg|The brewery in the 1960s
 +
Bass Bot 1960s (2).jpg |The brewery in the 1960s
 +
Bass Bot 1960s (1).jpg |The brewery in the 1960s
 
Bass Burton demolition 1987 (5).jpg| Demolition of the brewery in 1987
 
Bass Burton demolition 1987 (5).jpg| Demolition of the brewery in 1987
 
Bass Burton demolition 1987 (4).jpg| Demolition of the brewery in 1987
 
Bass Burton demolition 1987 (4).jpg| Demolition of the brewery in 1987
Line 25: Line 29:
 
Bass Burton Bass dray.jpg
 
Bass Burton Bass dray.jpg
 
Bass Burton Bass distant view.jpg
 
Bass Burton Bass distant view.jpg
 +
Bass water tower.jpg
 +
Bass Sentinel 1916.jpg
 +
Bass Museum.jpg
 +
Bass M&B 1966.jpg
 +
Bass Burton-2.jpg
 
</gallery>
 
</gallery>
  

Revision as of 13:52, 28 August 2015

Bass Burton Barrel stack.jpg
Bass Burton Unions.jpg
Bass Burton Steam engine.jpg

Bass, Ratcliff & Gretton Ltd, 137 High Street, Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Founded 1777 by William Bass.

Second (Middle) brewery opened on the north side of Station Street in 1853 and third (New) brewery on the south side of Station Street 1864. Old brewery rebuilt 1884-1885.

Registered 1880 and was reconstructed 13th January 1888. Merged with Worthington & Co. Ltd. January 1927. Merged with Mitchells & Butlers Ltd. 1961 to form Bass, Mitchells & Butlers Ltd.

Merged with Charrington United Breweries Ltd in 1967 to become Bass Charrington Ltd. Brewery demolished in 1971, water tower and offices remain.

Bought by Interbrew in 2000 and sold to Coors in 2002. Site of Middle brewery still used for brewing in much altered form: the new brewery site retains more of its original buildings.


An assortment of images of the brewery

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No : 000001
Description : A red triangle
Date of Application : 1870
Used Prior to 1875? : Yes