Ballard & Co. Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Ballard b&w.jpg

Ballard & Co. Ltd, Bell Lane, Southover, Lewes, East Sussex.

Founded in 1878 with a new 8qtr brewhouse. Registered in February 1898 to acquire Henry John Beaman carried on as Ballard & Co. 41 tied houses.

Acquired by Page & Overton's Brewery Ltd in 1924 and was closed in 1930. The brewery was then used for other purposes but was demolished in the 1980s. The site has been redeveloped.


An Ordnance Survey extract from 1898. Ballard's Brewery on the left; Verrall's on the right. "Reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland" http://maps.nls.uk/index.html.

LewesBallard&Southover OS1898.jpg


An assortment of views of the brewery