Ashford Breweries Ltd
Ashford Breweries Ltd, Lion Brewery, Dover Place, Ashford, Kent.
The Lion Brewery was established 1850 and traded as Green & Loud. Sold by Sharman & Cooper to a Mr.Newport 1866. Thomas Chapman & Sons, whose brewery at Lenham had been established by a Mr Mercer in 1785, purchased the Lion Brewery in 1868 and the Lenham brewery was closed.
New brewery erected after a fire in November 1869.
Above style registered September 1898 to acquire Chapmans and W.M.Richardson's Original Brewery.
Acquired by Style & Winch Ltd. in 1912 and premises used as stores until 1921 when converted for the production of cider by Ashford Valley Cider Co. Ltd.
Brewery demolished 1971.
The brewery features in The Noted Breweries of Great Britain and Ireland by Alfred Barnard published 1890.