Arnold, Perrett & Co. Ltd
Arnold, Perrett & Co. Ltd, High Street and Station Road, Wickwar, Gloucestershire
Listed in 1800 as Thomas Arnold and in 1876 Thomas Halsey became a partner, trading as Arnold & Halsey.
A new brewery was built to replace 34 High Street.
Registered June 1886 to acquire Arnold & Co. and E & B Trimmer of Gloucester as Arnold & Co. Ltd. Name changed as above 1887 when H & A Perrett of Wotton-under-Edge was acquired with 325 tied houses.
Forty public houses sold to Bristol Brewery Georges & Co. Ltd. 1917.
In 1918 John Arnold & Sons were selling a 12 qtr cast-iron mash tun, chilling plant and 55 barrel copper due to the disposal of the High Street Brewery. Arnold Brothers brewery on High Street was a separate concern taken over by Bristol Brewery Georges & Co. Ltd.
Arnold, Perrett at Station Road was taken over by the Cheltenham Original Brewery Co. Ltd in 1924 and brewing ceased. The premises were then used as a cider factory until about 1970.
Buildings are extant. Partially occupied by Wickwar Brewing Co.
An assortment of views of the brewery.