Anglo-Bavarian Brewery Co. Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Revision as of 12:41, 1 November 2014 by Bhadmin (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

Anglo-Bavarian Brewery Co. Ltd, Wells Road , Shepton Mallet , Somerset .

Erected 1864 as the Shepton Mallet Pale Ale Brewery by William Clarke of the Red Lion Brewery in Town Street. Bought by Garton & Co. of Southampton 1870 for use a reserve brewery.

The word "Bavarian" was dropped from the title during the First World War. Trading ceased 1921 and estate sold to Cheltenham Original Brewery Co. Ltd. and Arnold, Perrett & Co. Ltd.

Recommenced on a smaller scale in 1935 to supply the domestic trade and finally ceased in September 1939. Buildings now used as a trading estate.