Difference between revisions of "Anglo-Bavarian Brewery Co. Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "<big>''' Anglo-Bavarian Brewery Co. Ltd, ''' '' Wells Road , Shepton Mallet , Somerset .''</big> Erected 1864 as the Shepton Mallet Pale Ale Brewery by William Clarke of t...")
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
<big>''' Anglo-Bavarian Brewery Co. Ltd, ''' '' Wells Road , Shepton Mallet , Somerset .''</big>
 
<big>''' Anglo-Bavarian Brewery Co. Ltd, ''' '' Wells Road , Shepton Mallet , Somerset .''</big>
  
Erected 1864 as the Shepton Mallet Pale Ale Brewery by William Clarke of the Red Lion Brewery in Town Street. Bought by [[Garton & Co.]] of Southampton 1870 for use a reserve brewery.  
+
Erected 1864 as the Shepton Mallet Pale Ale Brewery by William Clarke of the Red Lion Brewery in Town Street. Bought by [[Garton & Co]] of Southampton 1870 for use a reserve brewery.  
  
 
The word "Bavarian" was dropped from the title during the First World War. Trading ceased 1921 and estate sold to [[Cheltenham Original Brewery Co. Ltd]]. and [[Arnold, Perrett & Co. Ltd]].  
 
The word "Bavarian" was dropped from the title during the First World War. Trading ceased 1921 and estate sold to [[Cheltenham Original Brewery Co. Ltd]]. and [[Arnold, Perrett & Co. Ltd]].  
  
 
Recommenced on a smaller scale in 1935 to supply the domestic trade and finally ceased in September 1939. Buildings now used as a trading estate.
 
Recommenced on a smaller scale in 1935 to supply the domestic trade and finally ceased in September 1939. Buildings now used as a trading estate.

Revision as of 20:16, 20 October 2013

Anglo-Bavarian Brewery Co. Ltd, Wells Road , Shepton Mallet , Somerset .

Erected 1864 as the Shepton Mallet Pale Ale Brewery by William Clarke of the Red Lion Brewery in Town Street. Bought by Garton & Co of Southampton 1870 for use a reserve brewery.

The word "Bavarian" was dropped from the title during the First World War. Trading ceased 1921 and estate sold to Cheltenham Original Brewery Co. Ltd. and Arnold, Perrett & Co. Ltd.

Recommenced on a smaller scale in 1935 to supply the domestic trade and finally ceased in September 1939. Buildings now used as a trading estate.