Difference between revisions of "Anglo-Bavarian Brewery Co. Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 1: Line 1:
<big>''' Anglo-Bavarian Brewery Co. Ltd, ''' '' Wells Road , Shepton Mallet , Somerset .''</big>
+
[[Image:Anglo Bavarian Shepton Mallet.jpg |thumb]]
 +
<big>'''Anglo-Bavarian Brewery Co. Ltd, '''''Wells Road, Shepton Mallet, Somerset.''</big>
  
 
Erected 1864 as the Shepton Mallet Pale Ale Brewery by William Clarke of the Red Lion Brewery in Town Street. Bought by Garton & Co. of Southampton 1870 for use a reserve brewery.  
 
Erected 1864 as the Shepton Mallet Pale Ale Brewery by William Clarke of the Red Lion Brewery in Town Street. Bought by Garton & Co. of Southampton 1870 for use a reserve brewery.  

Revision as of 16:40, 13 January 2015

Anglo Bavarian Shepton Mallet.jpg

Anglo-Bavarian Brewery Co. Ltd, Wells Road, Shepton Mallet, Somerset.

Erected 1864 as the Shepton Mallet Pale Ale Brewery by William Clarke of the Red Lion Brewery in Town Street. Bought by Garton & Co. of Southampton 1870 for use a reserve brewery.

The word "Bavarian" was dropped from the title during the First World War. Trading ceased 1921 and estate sold to Cheltenham Original Brewery Co. Ltd. and Arnold, Perrett & Co. Ltd.

Recommenced on a smaller scale in 1935 to supply the domestic trade and finally ceased in September 1939. Buildings now used as a trading estate.