Albert Cooper, The Anchor, Main Street, Hathern, Leicestershire.
The Anchor dates back to at least 1799, when it was described as having a good malt office and the tenant Mr Day was looking to sell his brewing vessels. The landlord was a Nicholas Loe Smith. In 1812 it was being run by the Bellises. The following year, Thomas Bellis was looking to sell or let the spacious and convenient malt office. In 1846, William Boss was the victualler and maltster.
John Cooper was at the pub by 1848 and in 1877 was shown as a maltster, farmer and victualler. In 1894 he was a maltster and victualler, but the following year the pub was being run by Mrs Agnes Cooper. Then on 2nd February 1898, the licence was taken by Albert Cooper (F2053). On 22nd July 1936, Gertrude Elizabeth Cooper took over the licence and on 25th July 1938 she sold it for £7,500 to the Home Brewery Co. Ltd of Nottingham.
It is still signed as a Home Brewery pub on the A6 main road, although that brewery too has closed.